SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
'aham'-'mama'-sabda arthe yaha kichhu haya
'aham'–'I'; 'mama'–'mine'; sabda–of the words; arthe–by the meaning; yaha–which; kichhu–anything; haya–happens; arpilun–I offered; tomara–Your; pade–at the feet; ohe–oh!; daya–mercy; maya–made of. 
(1) O merciful Lord! I have surrendered all that is meant by the words 'I' and 'mine' at Your feet.
'amara' ami ta' natha! na rahinu ara
'amara'–'my'; ami–I; ta'–certainly; natha!–O Lord!; na–does not; rahinu–I remained; ara–more; ekhana–now; ha-inu–became; ami–I; kevala–only; tomara–Yours. 
(2) O Lord! I no longer remain 'mine'. I have now become Yours exclusively.
'ami'-sabde dehi jiva ahamta chhadila
'ami'–'I'; sabde–by the word; dehi–animator of the material body; jiva–the life, the soul; ahamta–the conception of 'I', false egotism; chhadila–abandoned; tvadiya–Your own; abhimana–ego; aji–today; hrdaye–in the heart; pasila (pravesa karila)–entered. 
(3) I now understand that the word 'I' means the soul who animates the material body and have thus abandoned all false egotism. Today the ego of being 'Your own' has entered my heart.
amara sarvasva, deha, geha, anuchara
amara–my; sarvasva–the whole of my wealth; deha–body; geha–home; anuchara–servants; bhai–brothers; bandhu–friends and relatives; dara–wife; suta–children; dravya–possessions; dvara–door; ghara–house; se–them; saba–all; ha-ila–became; tava–Yours; ami–I; ha-inu–became; dasa–servant; tomara–Your; grhete–in Your house; ebe–now; ami–I; kari–do; vasa–residence. [4-5]
(4-5) Everything I considered mine—my body, home, servants, brothers, friends, wife, children, personal belongings, and household—has become Yours. I have become Your servant, and I now reside in Your house.
tumi grha-svami, ami sevaka tomara
tumi–You; grha–of the house; svami–the master; ami–I; sevaka–servant; tomara–Your; tomara–Your; sukhete–for Your pleasure; chesta–endeavours; ekhana–now; amara–my. 
(6) You are the master of the house, and I am Your servant. All my endeavours are now for Your satisfaction.
sthula-linga-dehe mora sukrta duskrta
sthula–gross; linga–subtle; dehe–with the bodies; mora–my; sukrta–good deeds; duskrta–bad deeds; ara–any more; mora–mine; nahe–not; prabhu!–O Lord!; ami–I; ta'–certainly; niskrta–free, liberated. 
(7) Whatever good or bad deeds are performed by my gross and subtle bodies are no longer mine, O Lord! I am free.
tomara ichchhaya mora ichchha misaila
tomara–Your; ichchhaya–with desire; mora–my; ichchha–desire; misaila–mixed; bhakati-vinoda–Bhakti Vinod; aja–today; apane–himself; bhulila–forgot. 
(8) My desires have merged with Your desires. Today, Bhakti Vinod has forgotten himself.
Goptrtve Varan, Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
Visrambhatmika, Confidence in the Lord's Protection
Varjanatmika, Rejecting the Unfavourable
Anukulyatmika, Accepting the Favourable
Bhajana-Lalasa (Hankering for Service):
Siddha-Lalasa (Hankering for Fulfilment):
Vijnapti (Prayer of Heartfelt Hankering):
Sri Nama-Mahatmya (The Glories of the Name):
|"HUMILITY, TOLERANCE, GIVING HONOUR TO OTHERS | HUMILITY, TOLERANCE, GIVING HONOUR TO OTHERS"|
© 2014-2020, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us