SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
'amara' balite prabhu! ara kichhu nai
'amara'–'mine'; balite–to consider; prabhu!–O Lord!; ara–another; kichhu–something; nai–is not; tumi-i–You alone; amara–my; matra–only; pita–father; bandhu–friend; bhai–brother. 
(1) O Lord! Nothing else is to be considered 'mine'. You alone are my father, my friend, and my brother.
bandhu, dara, suta, suta, tava dasi, dasa
bandhu–friends; dara–wife; suta–sons; suta–daughters; tava–Your; dasi–maidservants; dasa–servants; sei–that; ta'–certainly; sambandhe–in relationship; sabe–with all; amara–my; prayasa–endeavours. 
(2) My friends, wife, sons, and daughters are all Your servants and maidservants. All my endeavours are based on that relationship.
dhana, jana, grha, dvara, 'tomara' baliya
dhana–wealth; jana–people; grha–household; dvara–gateway; tomara–Yours; baliya–considering; raksa–protection; kari–do; ami–I; matra–only; sevaka–servant; ha-iya–being. 
(3) Considering my wealth, relatives, and household to be 'Yours', only as Your servant do I maintain them.
tomara karyera tare uparjiba dhana
tomara–Your; karyera–of the duty; tare–for; uparjiba–I will earn; dhana–money; tomara–Your; samsara–of the household; vyaya–expenses; kariba–I will do; vahana–bearing. 
(4) In order to maintain what is Yours, I will earn money and bear the expenses of Your household.
bhala-manda nahi jani seva-matra kari
bhala–good; manda–bad; nahi–not; jani–I know; seva–service; matra–only; kari–I do; tomara–Your; samsare–in the household; ami–I; visaya–property; prahari–watchman. 
(5) I do not know what is good or what is bad; I only serve. I am simply a guardian of the property within Your household.
tomara ichchhaya mora indriya-chalana
tomara–Your; ichchhaya–by the desire; mora–my; indriya–of the senses;chalana–direction; sravana–hearing; darsana–seeing; ghrana–smelling; bhojana–eating; vasana–desires. 
(6) I direct my senses—my desires for hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting, and so forth—in accordance with Your will.
nija-sukha lagi' kichhu nahi kari ara
nija–own; sukha–happiness; lagi'–for (the sake of); kichhu–something; nahi–not; kari–I do; ara–more; bhakati-vinoda–Bhakti Vinod; bale–declares; tava–Your; sukha–happiness; sara–the essence. 
(7) I no longer endeavour for my own happiness. Bhakti Vinod understands, "Your satisfaction is the essence."
Goptrtve Varan, Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
Visrambhatmika, Confidence in the Lord's Protection
Varjanatmika, Rejecting the Unfavourable
Anukulyatmika, Accepting the Favourable
Bhajana-Lalasa (Hankering for Service):
Siddha-Lalasa (Hankering for Fulfilment):
Vijnapti (Prayer of Heartfelt Hankering):
Sri Nama-Mahatmya (The Glories of the Name):
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2020, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us