SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
vastutah sakali tava, jiva keha naya
vastutah–actually; sakali–everything; tava–Yours; jiva–the individual soul; keha–someone; naya–is not; 'aham'–'I'; 'mama'–'mine'; bhrame–mistaken by; bhrami'–wandering; bhoge–experiences; soka–lamentation; bhaya–fear. 
(1) In reality, everything is Yours; nothing belongs to the soul. However, wandering (throughout material existence), bewildered by misconceptions of 'I' and 'mine', the soul laments and fears.
'aham'-'mama' abhimana ei matra dhana
'aham'–'I'; 'mama'–'mine'; abhimana–misconceptions; ei–these; matra–only; dhana–wealth; baddha–bound; jiva–individual souls; nija–own; bali'–considering; jane–knows; mane–in their mind; mana–mind. 
(2) Deep within, the conditioned soul considers his misconceptions of 'I' and 'mine' to be his only wealth.
sei abhimane ami samsare padiya
sei–this; abhimane–by the conception; ami–I; samsare–in the material world; padiya–falling; habudubu–bobbing up and down; khai–I experience; bhava–of mundanity, repeated birth and death; sindhu–the ocean; santariya–swimming. 
(3) Having fallen into this world due to such misconception, I flounder as I try to swim within this ocean of material existence.
tomara abhaya pade laiya sarana
tomara–Your; abhaya–fearless; pade–at the feet; laiya–taking; sarana–shelter; aji–today; ami–I; karilama–did; atma–self; nivedana–submission. 
(4) Taking shelter at Your feet, which are the abode of fearlessness, I have submitted myself unto You today.
'aham'-'mama' abhimana chhadila amaya
'aham'–'I'; 'mama'–'mine'; abhimana–conceptions; chhadila–abandoned; amaya–to me; ara–again; yena–so that; mama–my; hrde–in the heart; sthana–place; nahi–not; paya–obtain; ei–this; matra–only; bala (sakti)–strength (ability); prabhu!–O Lord!; dibe–will give; he–oh; amare–to me; ahamta–false egotism, 'I'; mamata–possessiveness, 'mine'; dure–far away; pari–I am able; rakhibare–to keep. [5-6]
(5-6) Those misconceptions of 'I' and 'mine' have now left me. O Lord! So that they will never attain a place within my heart again, please give me just this one ability: that I may be able to keep all false egotism and possessiveness far away.
atma-nivedana-bhava hrde drdha raya
atma–self; nivedana–submission; bhava–mood; hrde–in the heart; drdha–firm; raya–stays; hasti–elephant; snana–bath; sama–same; yena–like; ksanika (samayika matra)–momentarily (only temporarily); na–not; haya–be. 
(7) May the mood of self-submission remain steadfast within my heart. May it not remain only momentarily, like the bathing of an elephant.
bhakati-vinoda prabhu nityananda-paya
bhakati-vinoda–Bhakti Vinod; prabhu–Lord; nityananda–Nityananda; paya–feet; mage–begs; parasada–mercy; yahe–by which; abhimana–misconceptions of 'I' and 'mine'; yaya–go. 
(8) At Sri Nityananda Prabhu's feet, Bhakti Vinod prays for the mercy by which the misconceptions of 'I' and 'mine' are dispelled forever.
Goptrtve Varan, Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
Visrambhatmika, Confidence in the Lord's Protection
Varjanatmika, Rejecting the Unfavourable
Anukulyatmika, Accepting the Favourable
Bhajana-Lalasa (Hankering for Service):
Siddha-Lalasa (Hankering for Fulfilment):
Vijnapti (Prayer of Heartfelt Hankering):
Sri Nama-Mahatmya (The Glories of the Name):
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2019, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us