SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
atma-nivedana, tuya pade kari',
atma–self; nivedana–submission; tuya–Your; pade–at the feet; kari'–doing; ha-inu–I became; parama–supremely; sukhi–happy; duhkha–distress; dure–far away; gela–went; chinta–thought, anxiety; na–did not; rahila–remained; chaudike–in the four directions; ananda–ecstasy; dekhi–I see. 
(1) By surrendering myself at Your feet, I have become supremely happy. All my distress has gone away, I have no more anxiety, and I see ecstasy in all directions.
asoka–of sorrowlessness; abhaya–of fearlessness; amrta–of immortality; adhara–reservoir; tomara–Your; charana–feet; dvaya–two; tahate–in them; ekhana–now; visrama–rest; labhiya–obtaining; chhadinu–I abandoned; bhavera–of material existence, cyclic birth and death; bhaya–fear. 
(2) Your feet are the abode of sorrowlessness, fearlessness, and immortality. Receiving shelter beneath them, I have abandoned all fear of material existence.
tomara samsare, kariba sevana,
tomara–Your; samsare–in the household; kariba–I will do; sevana–service; nahiba–I will not become; phalera–of the fruits; bhagi–shareholder; tava–Your; sukha–happiness; yahe–by which; kariba–I will do; yatana–careful endeavour; ha'ye–being; pade–to Your feet; anuragi–deeply, lovingly attached. 
(3) I will render service in Your household and will not become an enjoyer of the results. Lovingly attached to Your feet, I will carefully endeavour for whatever pleases You.
tomara sevaya, duhkha haya yata,
tomara–Your; sevaya–in service; duhkha–distress; haya–happens; yata–all; se–that; o–also; ta'–certainly; parama–supreme; sukha–happiness; seva–service; sukha–happiness; duhkha–and distress; parama–supreme; sampada–fortune; nasaye–destroy; avidya–of ignorance; duhkha–distress. 
(4) All the distress I encounter in Your service is also my greatest happiness. Both the distress and the happiness that come from engagement in Your service are my greatest fortune; they both destroy the distress of ignorance.
purva itihasa, bhulinu sakala,
purva–previous; itihasa–history; bhulinu–I forgot; sakala–all; seva–service; sukha–happiness; peye–obtaining; mane–in the heart; ami–I; ta'–certainly; tomara–Yours; tumi–You; ta'–certainly; amara–mine; ki–what; kaja–necessity; apara–any other; dhane–for wealth. 
(5) Feeling the happiness of Your service in my heart, I have completely forgotten all past history. I am Yours, and You are mine. What need is there for any other wealth?
bhakati-vinoda, anande dubiya,
bhakati-vinoda–Bhakti Vinod; anande–in ecstasy; dubiya–plunging; tomara–Your; sevara–of service; tare–on account of; saba–all; chesta–endeavours; kare–does; tava–Your; ichchha–desire; mata–according to; thakiya–staying; tomara–Your; ghare–in the house. 
(6) Living in the ecstasy of Your service, Bhakti Vinod performs all his endeavours in accordance with Your will, residing within Your home.
Goptrtve Varan, Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
Visrambhatmika, Confidence in the Lord's Protection
Varjanatmika, Rejecting the Unfavourable
Anukulyatmika, Accepting the Favourable
Bhajana-Lalasa (Hankering for Service):
Siddha-Lalasa (Hankering for Fulfilment):
Vijnapti (Prayer of Heartfelt Hankering):
Sri Nama-Mahatmya (The Glories of the Name):
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2020, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us