SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
Goptrtve Varana: Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
sarvasva tomara, charane sampiya,
sarvasva–everything; tomara–Yours; charane–at the feet; sanpiya–offering; padechhi–I have fallen; tomara–Your; ghare–in the house; tumi–You; ta'–certainly; thakura–the master; tomara–Your; kukkura–dog; baliya–considering; janaha–please know; more–to me. 
(1) I have offered everything at Your feet and taken shelter in Your home. You are my Master. Consider me Your dog.
bandhiya nikate, amare palibe,
banndhiya–tying up; nikate–nearby; amare–to me; palibe–will maintain; rahiba–will keep; tomara–Your; dvare–at the door; pratipa (pratikula, guru-vaisnava-dvesi)–adverse (unfavourable, inimical to the spiritual master and the devotees); janere–persons who are; asite–to come; na–not; diba–I will allow; rakhiba–I will keep; gadera (durga, parikha)–of the moat (impassable ditch); pare–on the other side. 
(2) You will tie me up nearby and maintain me. I will remain at Your doorstep. I will not allow any inimical persons to enter; I will keep them on the far side of Your moat.
tava nija-jana, prasada seviya,
tava–Your; nija–own; jana–person; prasada (anugraha, ekhane anugraha purvaka pradatta vastu)–the remnants of offerings of food unto You (mercy; in this instance meaning items mercifully bestowed); seviya–serving; uchchhista–remnants; rakhibe–will leave behind; yaha–whatever; amara–my; bhojana–eating; parama–great; anande–with joy; prati–every; dina–day; habe–will be; taha–that. 
(3) Whatever remnants Your devotees leave behind after honouring Your prasad I will eat every day with great joy.
basiya suiya, tomara charana,
basiya–sitting up; suiya–lying down; tomara–Your; charana–feet; chintiba–will think; satata–always; ami–I; nachite–dancing; nachite–and dancing; nikate–nearby; yaiba–I will go; yakhana–when; dakibe–will call; tumi–You. 
(4) While sitting up or lying down, I will always think of Your feet. I will come to You whenever You call me, dancing all the way.
nijera posana, kabhu na bhaviba,
nijera–of my own; posana–maintenance, nourishment; kabhu–ever; na–not; bhaviba–I will think; rahiba–I will remain; bhavera–of loving attachment; bhare–in the shelter; bhakati-vinoda–Bhakti Vinod; tomare–to You; palaka–protector; baliya–considering; varana–choose; kare–does. 
(5) I will never think about my own maintenance; I will always remain within the shelter of loving attachment to You. Bhakti Vinod embraces You as his maintainer.
Goptrtve Varan, Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
Visrambhatmika, Confidence in the Lord's Protection
Varjanatmika, Rejecting the Unfavourable
Anukulyatmika, Accepting the Favourable
Bhajana-Lalasa (Hankering for Service):
Siddha-Lalasa (Hankering for Fulfilment):
Vijnapti (Prayer of Heartfelt Hankering):
Sri Nama-Mahatmya (The Glories of the Name):
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2019, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us