SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
Goptrtve Varana: Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
tumi sarvesvaresvara, vrajendra-kumara!
tumi–You; sarvesvaresvara–the Lord of all Lords; vrajendra–of the king of Vraja; kumara–the son, Krishna; tomara–Your; ichchhaya–by the will; visve–in the universe; srjana–creation; samhara–annihilation. 
(1) You are the Lord of all Lords, O Vrajendra Kumar! In accordance with Your will, creation and annihilation take place within the universe.
tava ichchha-mata brahma karena srjana
tava–Your; ichchha–will; mata–according to; brahma–the universal creator; karena–does; srjana–creation; tava–Your; ichchha–will; mata–according to; visnu–the maintainer of the material nature; karena–does; palana–maintenance. 
(2) In accordance with Your will, Brahma creates the universe. In accordance with Your will, Visnu maintains the universe.
tava ichchha-mata siva karena samhara
tava–Your; ichchha–will; mata–according to; siva–the topmost Vaisnava who serves Krishna in a wide variety of ways; karena–does; samhara–annihilation; tava–Your; ichchha–will; mate–according to; maya–the goddess of illusion; srje–creates; karagara–prison. 
(3) In accordance with Your will, Siva annihilates the universe. In accordance with Your will, Maya Devi creates her prisonhouse.
tava ichchha-mata jivera janama-marana
tava–Your; ichchha–will; mata–according to; jivera–of the individual souls; janama–birth; marana–death; samrddhi (unnati)–increase (prosperity); nipata (avanati)–decline (degradation); duhkha–distress; sukha–happiness; samghatana–occurrence. 
(4) In accordance with Your will, the souls take birth and die. In accordance with Your will, they experience prosperity and ruin, happiness and distress.
michhe maya-baddha jiva asa-pase phire
michhe–vainly; maya–goddess of illusion; baddha–bound; jiva–the individual souls; asa-pase–all around; phire–wander; tava–Your; ichchha–will; vina–without; kichhu–anything; karite–to do; na–not; pare–able. 
(5) Bound by Maya, the souls vainly wander about. Unless it is Your will, they are not able to do anything.
tumi ta' raksaka ara palaka amara
tumi–You; ta'–certainly; raksaka–the protector; ara–and; palaka–maintainer; amara–my; tomara–Your; charana–feet; vina–apart from; asa–hope, desire; nahi–not; ara–another. 
(6) You are my protector and maintainer. I aspire for nothing other than Your feet.
nija-bala-chesta prati bharasa chhadiya
nija–own; bala–strength; chesta–endeavours; prati–upon; bharasa–reliance; chhadiya–abandoning; tomara–Your; ichchhaya–according to will; achhi–I am; nirbhara–dependence; kariya–doing. 
(7) Abandoning reliance on my own strength and endeavour, I depend upon Your will.
bhakati-vinoda ati dina akinchana
bhakati-vinoda–Bhakti Vinod; ati–very; dina–surrendered; akinchana–detached; tomara–Your; ichchhaya–according to will; ta'ra–his; jivana–life; marana–death. 
(8) Bhakti Vinod is completely surrendered and detached. He lives and dies in accordance with Your will.
Goptrtve Varan, Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
Visrambhatmika, Confidence in the Lord's Protection
Varjanatmika, Rejecting the Unfavourable
Anukulyatmika, Accepting the Favourable
Bhajana-Lalasa (Hankering for Service):
Siddha-Lalasa (Hankering for Fulfilment):
Vijnapti (Prayer of Heartfelt Hankering):
Sri Nama-Mahatmya (The Glories of the Name):
|"HUMILITY, TOLERANCE, GIVING HONOUR TO OTHERS | HUMILITY, TOLERANCE, GIVING HONOUR TO OTHERS"|
© 2014-2019, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us