SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
Visrambhatmika: Confidence in the Lord's Protection
tumi ta' maribe yare, ke tare rakhite pare
tumi–You; ta'–certainly; maribe–will kill; yare–whom; ke–who?; tare–him; rakhite–to protect; pare–can; tava–Your; ichchha–will; vasa–under the control; tribhuvana–the three worlds—Svarga, Martya, and Patal (heaven, earth, and hell); brahma–the universal creator; adi–and so forth; deva–of demigods; gana–the group; tava–Your; dasa–servants; aganana–numberless; kare–do; tava–Your; ajnara–of the orders; palana–following. 
(1) Who can protect one whom You will kill? The three worlds are subservient to Your will. Brahma and the countless demigods are Your servants and carry out Your orders.
tava ichchha-mate yata, graha-gana avirata
tava–Your; ichchha–will; mate–in accordance with; yata–all; graha–planets;gana–the group of; avirata–uninterruptedly; subha–auspicious; asubha–inauspicious; phala–results; kare–do; dana–grant; roga–disease; soka–lamentation; mrti (marana)–death; bhaya–fear; tava–Your; ichchha–will; mate–in accordance with; haya–happen; tava–Your; ajna–orders; sada–always; balavan–powerful. 
(2) In accordance with Your will, all the planets perpetually exert their auspicious and inauspicious influences. Disease, lamentation, death, and fear all occur in accordance with Your will. Your orders are always predominant.
tava bhaye vayu vaya, chandra-surya samudaya
tava–of You; bhaye–out of fear; vayu–the wind; vaya–blows; chandra–the moon; surya–and the sun; samudaya–all the celestial bodies; sva–own; sva–respective; niyamita–prescribed; karya–duties; kare–do; tumi–You; ta'–certainly; parama–supreme; isvara–controller; parabrahma–the supreme; Absolute; paratpara (asamorddhva)–greater than the greatest (unparalleled); tava–Your; vasa–residence; bhakata–the devotees; antare–within. 
(3) But of fear of You, the wind blows, and the moon, the sun, and all the celestial bodies perform their respective duties. You are the Supreme Lord, the unparalleled Supreme Absolute. You reside in the hearts of Your devotees.
sada-suddha siddha-kama, bhakata-vatsala nama,
sada–eternally; suddha–pure; siddha–fulfilled; kama–desire; bhakata–devotees; vatsala–affectionate; nama–name; bhakata–devotees; janera–of the persons; nitya–eternal; svami–Master; tumi–You; ta'–certainly; rakhibe–will protect; yare–whom; ke–who?; tare–him; marite–to kill; pare–can; sakala–all; vidhira–of destinies, laws, providence; vidhi–determining element; tumi–You. 
(4) You are eternally pure. Your desires are always fulfilled. You are known as Bhakta-vatsal, He who is affectionate to His devotees. You are the eternal master of Your devotees. Who can kill one whom You will protect? You are the author of all destinies.
tomara charane natha! kariyachhe pranipata,
tomara–Your; charane–at the feet; natha!–O Lord!; kariyachhe–have done; pranipata–obeisance; bhakati-vinoda–Bhakti Vinod; tava–Your; dasa–servant; vipada–danger; ha-ite–from; svami!–Master!; avasya–surely; tahare–him; tumi–You; raksibe–will protect; tahara–his; e–this; visvasa–faith. 
(5) O Lord! Your servant Bhakti Vinod has offered his obeisance at Your feet. O Master! You will certainly protect him from all danger—this is his faith.
Goptrtve Varan, Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
Visrambhatmika, Confidence in the Lord's Protection
Varjanatmika, Rejecting the Unfavourable
Anukulyatmika, Accepting the Favourable
Bhajana-Lalasa (Hankering for Service):
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2019, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us