SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
Varjanatmika: Rejecting the Unfavourable
tuya bhakti-pratikula dharma yate raya
tuya–Your; bhakti–devotion; pratikula–unfavourable; dharma–nature; yate–in which; raya–exists; parama–great; yatane–with care; taha–that; tyajiba–I will abandon; nischaya–certainly. 
(1) I will certainly abandon with great care everything that is unfavourable to devotion to You.
tuya bhakti-bahirmukha sanga na kariba
tuya–Your; bhakti–devotion; bahirmukha (krsna-vimukha janera)–of persons averse (to Krishna); sanga–association; na–not; kariba–I will do; gauranga–Sriman Mahaprabhu; virodhi–adverse to; jana–persons; mukha–faces; na–not; heriba–I will see. 
(2) I will not associate with those who are averse to devotion to You. I will not even look at the faces of those who are inimical to Sri Gauranga.
bhakti-pratikula sthane na kari vasati
bhakti–towards devotion; pratikula–unfavourable; sthane–in a place; na–not; kari–I do; vasati–residence; bhaktira–of devotion; apriya–not dear; karye–in activities; nahi–not; kari–I do; rati–attachment. 
(3) I will not reside in a place that is unfavourable to devotion. I will not have affection for any activities that are unfavourable to devotion.
bhaktira virodhi grantha patha na kariba
bhaktira–of devotion; virodhi–adverse to; grantha–literature; patha–read; na–not; kariba–I will do; bhaktira–of devotion; virodhi–adverse to; vyakhya–explanations; kabhu–ever; na–not; suniba–I will listen. 
(4) I will not read any literature that is opposed to devotion. I will never listen to any discourses that are opposed to devotion.
gauranga-varjita sthana tirtha nahi mani
gauranga–Sriman Mahaprabhu; varjita–bereft of; sthana–place; tirtha–holy place; nahi–not; mani–I consider; bhaktira–of devotion; badhaka–obstructing; jnana–knowledge; karma–action; tuchchha–contemptible; jani–I think. 
(5) I will not consider any place bereft of Sri Gauranga to be a holy place. I will consider all knowledge and activity that obstruct devotion to be contemptible.
bhaktira badhaka kale na kari adara
bhaktira–of devotion; badhaka–encumbering; kale–of times, occasions; na–not; kari–I do; adara–fondness; bhakti–devotion; bahir–outward; mukha–facing; nija–own; jane–persons; jani–I know; para–strangers. 
(6) I will have no fondness for times that are encumbering to devotion. I will consider all my relatives who are averse to devotion to be strangers.
bhaktira badhika sprha kariba varjana
bhaktira–of devotion; badhika–opposing; sprha–desires; kariba–I will do; varjana–rejection; abhakta–non-devotees; pradatta–given; anna–food; na–not; kari–I do; grahana–acceptance. 
(7) I will abandon all desires that hinder devotion. I will not accept any food presented to me by non-devotees.
yaha kichhu bhakti-pratikula bali' jani
yaha–which; kichhu–something; bhakti–to devotion; pratikula–unfavourable; bali'–considering; jani–I know; tyajiba–I will reject; yatane–with care; taha–that; e–this; nischaya–certainly; vani–word. 
(8) I will carefully abandon whatever I know to be unfavourable to devotion. This is my resolute vow.
bhakati-vinoda padi' prabhura charane
bhakati-vinoda–Bhakti Vinod; padi'–falling; prabhura–of the Lord; charane–at the feet; magaye–begs; sakati–power; pratikulyera–of what is unfavourable; varjane–to reject. 
(9) Falling at the feet of the Lord, Bhakti Vinod prays for the ability to abandon everything unfavourable to devotion.
Goptrtve Varan, Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
Visrambhatmika, Confidence in the Lord's Protection
Varjanatmika, Rejecting the Unfavourable
Anukulyatmika, Accepting the Favourable
Bhajana-Lalasa (Hankering for Service):
Siddha-Lalasa (Hankering for Fulfilment):
Vijnapti (Prayer of Heartfelt Hankering):
Sri Nama-Mahatmya (The Glories of the Name):
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2019, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us