SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
Varjanatmika: Rejecting the Unfavourable
visaya-vimudha ara mayavadi jana
visaya–by mundanity; vimudha–bewildered; ara–and; mayavadi–illusionists (those who consider devotion (bhakti), devotees (bhaktas), and the eternal personal Lord (Bhagavan) to be illusory); jana–persons; bhakti–devotion; sunya–devoid of; dunhe–both; prana–life; dhare–maintain; akarana–in vain. 
(1) Both materialists and illusionists (mayavadis) are devoid of devotion and maintain their lives in vain.
ei dui sanga natha! na haya amara
ei–of these; dui–two; sanga–association; natha!–O Lord!; na–not; haya–happen; amara–my; prarthana–prayer; kariye–do; ami–I; charane–at the feet; tomara–Your. 
(2) O Lord! At Your feet I pray that I will never associate with these two kinds of offenders.
se du'yera madhye visayi tabu bhala
se–those; du'yera–of the two; madhye–between; visayi–materialists; tabu–still; bhala–better; mayavadi–illusionists; sanga–association with; nahi–not; magi–I ask; kona–any; kala–time. 
(3) Between the two of them, however, materialists are better. I never, ever, desire the association of illusionists.
visayi-hrdaya yabe sadhu-sanga paya
visayi–of a materialist; hrdaya–the heart; yabe–when; sadhu–saintly devotees; sanga–the association of; paya–obtains; anayase–without toil; labhe–obtains; bhakti–devotion; bhaktera–of the devotees; krpaya–by the mercy. 
(4) When the hearts of materialists come into the association of sadhus, they easily attain devotion by the mercy of those devotees.
mayavada-dosa yara hrdaye pasila
mayavada–of illusionism; dosa–the contamination; yara–of whom; hrdaye–in the heart; pasila (pravesa karila)–entered; kutarke–with fallacious logic; hrdaya–the heart; tara–of him; vajra–a thunderbolt; sama–like; bhela–becomes. 
(5) Once the contamination of illusionism has entered one's heart, however, one's heart becomes as hard as a thunderbolt by the influence of fallacious logic.
bhaktira svarupa ara 'visaya', 'asraya'
bhaktira–of devotion; svarupa–the true form; ara–and; visaya (bhajaniya-tattva)–the object (recipient of service—the Lord); asraya (bhakta-tattva)–the shelter (the devotee); mayavadi–the illusionists; anitya (nasvara)–non-eternal (transitory); baliya–saying; saba–all; kaya–say. 
(6) The illusionists say that the Lord, His devotees, and devotion itself are non-eternal (and thus illusory).
dhik tara krsna-seva sravana-kirtana
dhik–fie!; tara–their; krsna–to Krishna; seva–service; sravana–hearing; kirtana–and chanting; krsna–of Krishna; ange–at the divine form; vajra–thunderbolts; hane (sachchidananda vigrahake mayamaya baliya kutarkastra niksepa)–strike (saying the Lord's eternal, conscious, ecstatic form is illusory, they hurl the weapon of their fallacious logic); tahara–their; stavana–prayers. 
(7) Fie on their pretence of service to Krishna! Fie on their pretence of hearing and chanting Krishna's glories! Their prayers to Krishna are like thunderbolts hurled at His divine body.
mayavada sama bhakti-pratikula nai
mayavada–with illusionism; sama–equal; bhakti–to devotion; pratikula–unfavourable; nai–is not; ataeva–therefore; mayavadi–of illusionists; sanga–the association; nahi–not; chai–I want. 
(8) There is nothing more unfavourable to devotion than illusionism. Therefore, I never desire the association of illusionists.
bhakati-vinoda mayavada dura kari'
bhakati-vinoda–Bhakti Vinod; mayavada–from illusionism; dura–far away; kari'–doing; vaisnava–of the devotees; sangete (vaisnava sanga-i mayavada ha-ite niskrtira upaya)–in the association (the association of devotees is the only way of deliverance from illusionism); vaise–sits; nama–of the Name; asraya–the shelter; dhari'–holding. 
(9) Weeping illusionism far away, Bhakti Vinod remains in the association of devotees and takes shelter of the Name.
Goptrtve Varan, Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
Visrambhatmika, Confidence in the Lord's Protection
Varjanatmika, Rejecting the Unfavourable
Anukulyatmika, Accepting the Favourable
Bhajana-Lalasa (Hankering for Service):
Siddha-Lalasa (Hankering for Fulfilment):
Vijnapti (Prayer of Heartfelt Hankering):
Sri Nama-Mahatmya (The Glories of the Name):
|"HUMILITY, TOLERANCE, GIVING HONOUR TO OTHERS | HUMILITY, TOLERANCE, GIVING HONOUR TO OTHERS"|
© 2014-2019, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us