SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
yauvane yakhana, dhana-uparjane,
yauvane–in youth; yakhana–when; dhana–wealth; uparjane–in earning; ha-inu–I became; vipula–greatly; kami–desirous; dharama–religion; smariya–remembering; grhinira–of a wife; kara–the hand; dharinu–took; takhana–then; ami–I. 
(1) When I was young I became greatly desirous of earning money. Remembering my religious duty, I took the hand of a wife.
samsare pata'ye, tahara sahita,
samsare–to household life, material existence; pata'ye–setting out; tahara–her; sahita–with; kala–of time; ksaya–destruction; kainu–did; kata–so much; bahu–many; suta–sons; suta–and daughters; janama–birth; labhila–attained; marame–in my core; ha-inu–I became; hata–distressed. 
(2) I established a household with her and wasted so much time. We had many sons and daughters, and I became distressed at heart.
samsarera bhara, bade dine dine,
samsarera–of household life; bhara–the burden; bade–increasing; dine–day; dine–by day; achala–immobile; ha-ila–became; gati–my path, destination; varddhakya–old age; asiya–coming; gherila–besieged; amare–to me; asthira–unsteady, restless; ha-ila–became; mati–mind. 
(3) The burden of my household increased day by day, and my progress towards attaining the goal of life came to a standstill. As old age came and besieged me, my mind became disturbed.
pidaya asthira, chintaya jvarita,
pidaya–with disease; asthira–unsteady; chintaya–with anxiety; jvarita–feverish; abhave–in want, in privation; jvalita–burning; chita–heart; upaya–way out; na–not; dekhi–I see; andhakara–blinding darkness; maya–filled with; ekhana–now; hayechhi–I have become; bhita–frightened. 
(4) Restless with disease and feverish with anxiety, my heart burns with unfulfilled desire. I see no way out of this darkness and have now become fearful.
samsara-tatini-srota nahe sesa,
samsara–of household life, of material existence; tatini (nadi)–the river; srota–the current; nahe–does not; sesa–end; marana–death; nikate–near; ghora–terrible; saba–everything; samapiya–concluding; bhajiba–will serve; tomaya–You; e–this; asa–hope; biphala–fruitless; mora–of mine. 
(5) There is no end to the torrent of the river of household life, and fearsome death always looms nearby. "After finishing all of this, I will serve You"—this hope of mine has proven vain.
ebe suna prabhu! ami gati-hina,
ebe–now; suna–please listen; prabhu!–O Lord!; ami–I; gati–means of deliverance; hina–devoid of; bhakati-vinoda–Bhakti Vinod; kaya–says; tava–Your; krpa–mercy; vina–without; sakali–everything; nirasa–hopeless; deha'–please bestow; more–upon me; pada–of Your feet; asraya–the shelter. 
(6) Now please listen, O Lord! I am utterly helpless. Bhakti Vinod prays, "Without Your mercy, everything is hopeless. Please give me the shelter of Your feet."
Goptrtve Varan, Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
Visrambhatmika, Confidence in the Lord's Protection
Varjanatmika, Rejecting the Unfavourable
Anukulyatmika, Accepting the Favourable
Bhajana-Lalasa (Hankering for Service):
Siddha-Lalasa (Hankering for Fulfilment):
Vijnapti (Prayer of Heartfelt Hankering):
Sri Nama-Mahatmya (The Glories of the Name):
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2019, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us