SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
amara jivana, sada pape rata,
amara–my; jivana–life; sada–always; pape–in sin; rata–engaged; nahika–there is not; punyera–of piety; lesa–a trace; parere–to others; udvega–agitation; diyachhi–I have given; ye–which; kata–so much; diyachhi–I have given; jivere–to other souls; klesa–afflictions. 
(1) My life is always engrossed in sin; there is not a trace of piety within it. I have caused others so much anxiety and trouble.
nija sukha lagi', pape nahi dari,
nija–my own; sukha–happiness; lagi'–for the sake; pape–in sin; nahi–do not; dari–I fear; daya–mercy; hina–devoid of; svartha–self-interest; para–intent upon; para–of others; sukhe–by the happiness; duhkhi–distressed; sada–always; mithya–lies; bhasi–speaking; para–of others; duhkha–distress; sukha–happiness; kara–producing. 
(2) I am never afraid to engage in sinful activities for the sake of my own happiness. I am merciless and selfish. I am distressed by the happiness of others, I am a perpetual liar, and the distress of others pleases me.
asesa kamana, hrdi majhe mora,
asesa–unlimited; kamana–sinful desires; hrdi–in the heart; majhe–in the interior; mora–my; krodhi–angry; dambha–arrogance; parayana–filled with; mada–vanity; matta–intoxicated; sada–always; visaye–by mundanity; mohita–infatuated; himsa–malice, jealousy, violence; garva–pride, egotism; vibhusana–ornaments. 
(3) There are unlimited sinful desires within the core of my heart. I am angry and arrogant, always maddened with vanity, infatuated with mundanity, and ornamented with malice and pride.
nidralasya-hata, sukarye virata,
nidra–by sleep; alasya–laziness; hata–subdued; sukarye–to good deeds; virata–averse; akarye–for sinful deeds; udyogi–eager; ami–I; pratistha (sammana)–fame (exaltation); lagiya–for; sathya (vanchana)–deceitful; acharana–behaviour; lobha–by greed; hata–attacked, destroyed, conquered; sada–always; kami–covetous. 
(4) I am subdued by laziness and sleep, averse to performing good deeds, and eager to perform sinful deeds. I engage in deceitful behaviour in pursuit of prestige. I am ruined by greed and constantly covetous.
e hena durjana, sajjana-varjita,
e–this; hena–such as; durjana–bad person; sajjana–by devotees; varjita–rejected; aparadhi–an offender; nirantara–incessantly; subha–good; karya–motive; sunya–devoid of; sada–always; anartha–evil; mana–minded; nana–various; duhkhe–by miseries; jara–worn; jara–and torn. 
(5) Such a sinner as I is shunned by devotees, and is a constant offender. I am devoid of virtuous motives, always intent upon evil, and racked by various miseries.
varddhakye ekhana, upaya-vihina,
varddhakye–in old age; ekhana–now; upaya–means; vihina–devoid (of any other); ta'te–thereby; dina–distressed; akinchana (sangati-sunya)–poor (without means); bhakati-vinoda–Bhakti Vinod; prabhura–of the Lord; charane–at the feet; kare–makes; duhkha–sorrow; nivedana–submission. 
(6) Now aged, I am devoid of any means of deliverance, and thus destitute and distressed. Bhakti Vinod submits this remorseful confession at the feet of the Lord.
Goptrtve Varan, Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
Visrambhatmika, Confidence in the Lord's Protection
Varjanatmika, Rejecting the Unfavourable
Anukulyatmika, Accepting the Favourable
Bhajana-Lalasa (Hankering for Service):
Siddha-Lalasa (Hankering for Fulfilment):
Vijnapti (Prayer of Heartfelt Hankering):
Sri Nama-Mahatmya (The Glories of the Name):
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2020, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us