SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
amara jivana, sada pape rata,
amara–my; jivana–life; sada–always; pape–in sin; rata–engaged; nahika–there is not; punyera–of piety; lesa–a trace; parere–to others; udvega–agitation; diyachhi–I have given; ye–which; kata–so much; diyachhi–I have given; jivere–to other souls; klesa–afflictions. 
(1) My life is always engrossed in sin; there is not a trace of piety within it. I have caused others so much anxiety and trouble.
nija sukha lagi', pape nahi dari,
nija–my own; sukha–happiness; lagi'–for the sake; pape–in sin; nahi–do not; dari–I fear; daya–mercy; hina–devoid of; svartha–self-interest; para–intent upon; para–of others; sukhe–by the happiness; duhkhi–distressed; sada–always; mithya–lies; bhasi–speaking; para–of others; duhkha–distress; sukha–happiness; kara–producing. 
(2) I am never afraid to engage in sinful activities for the sake of my own happiness. I am merciless and selfish. I am distressed by the happiness of others, I am a perpetual liar, and the distress of others pleases me.
asesa kamana, hrdi majhe mora,
asesa–unlimited; kamana–sinful desires; hrdi–in the heart; majhe–in the interior; mora–my; krodhi–angry; dambha–arrogance; parayana–filled with; mada–vanity; matta–intoxicated; sada–always; visaye–by mundanity; mohita–infatuated; himsa–malice, jealousy, violence; garva–pride, egotism; vibhusana–ornaments. 
(3) There are unlimited sinful desires within the core of my heart. I am angry and arrogant, always maddened with vanity, infatuated with mundanity, and ornamented with malice and pride.
nidralasya-hata, sukarye virata,
nidra–by sleep; alasya–laziness; hata–subdued; sukarye–to good deeds; virata–averse; akarye–for sinful deeds; udyogi–eager; ami–I; pratistha (sammana)–fame (exaltation); lagiya–for; sathya (vanchana)–deceitful; acharana–behaviour; lobha–by greed; hata–attacked, destroyed, conquered; sada–always; kami–covetous. 
(4) I am subdued by laziness and sleep, averse to performing good deeds, and eager to perform sinful deeds. I engage in deceitful behaviour in pursuit of prestige. I am ruined by greed and constantly covetous.
e hena durjana, sajjana-varjita,
e–this; hena–such as; durjana–bad person; sajjana–by devotees; varjita–rejected; aparadhi–an offender; nirantara–incessantly; subha–good; karya–motive; sunya–devoid of; sada–always; anartha–evil; mana–minded; nana–various; duhkhe–by miseries; jara–worn; jara–and torn. 
(5) Such a sinner as I is shunned by devotees, and is a constant offender. I am devoid of virtuous motives, always intent upon evil, and racked by various miseries.
varddhakye ekhana, upaya-vihina,
varddhakye–in old age; ekhana–now; upaya–means; vihina–devoid (of any other); ta'te–thereby; dina–distressed; akinchana (sangati-sunya)–poor (without means); bhakati-vinoda–Bhakti Vinod; prabhura–of the Lord; charane–at the feet; kare–makes; duhkha–sorrow; nivedana–submission. 
(6) Now aged, I am devoid of any means of deliverance, and thus destitute and distressed. Bhakti Vinod submits this remorseful confession at the feet of the Lord.
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2019, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us