SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
mahaprabhu sri-chaitanya, radha-krsna nahe anya,
mahaprabhu sri-chaitanya–Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu; radha-krsna–Sri Sri Gandharva Govindasundar; nahe–is not; anya–different; rupanuga–followers of Srila Rupa Goswami Prabhu; janera–of those persons; jivana–the very life; visvambhara–Sriman Mahaprabhu; priyankara–most dear, pleasing; sri svarupa damodara–Srila Svarup Damodar; sri gosvami rupa-sanatana–Srila Rupa Goswami Prabhu and Srila Sanatan Goswami Prabhu. 
(1) Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu is non-different from Sri Sri Radha-Krishna and is the very life of Srila Rupa Goswami Prabhu's followers. Srila Svarup Damodar Goswami, Srila Rupa Goswami Prabhu, and Srila Sanatan Goswami Prabhu are most dear to Visvambhar.
rupa-priya mahajana, jiva, raghunatha hana,
rupa–to Srila Rupa Goswami Prabhu; priya–dear; mahajana–the great souls; jiva–Srila Jiva Goswami Prabhu; raghunatha–Srila Raghunath Das Goswami Prabhu; hana–became; tanra–their; priya–dear; kavikrsna-dasa–SrilaKrsna Das Kaviraj Goswami; krsna dasa–of Srila Krsna Das Kaviraj Goswami; priya-vara–dearmost; narottama–Srila Narottam Das Thakur; seva–service; para–engagedin; yanra–whose; pada–feet; visvanatha–SrilaVisvanath Chakravarti Thakur; asa–aspiration. 
(2) The great souls Srila Jiva Goswami Prabhu and Srila Raghunath Das Goswami Prabhu are the dear followers of Srila Rupa Goswami Prabhu. Their dear follower is Srila Krishna Das Kaviraj Goswami. His dearmost follower is Srila Narottam Das Thakur, who is ever engaged in divine service. His feet are the aspiration of Srila Visvanath Chakravarti Thakur.
visvanatha bhakta-satha, baladeva, jagannatha,
visvanatha–Srila Visvanath Chakravarti Thakur; bhakta–devotees; satha–with; baladeva–Srila Baladev Vidyabhusan; jagannatha–Srila Jagannath Das Babaji; tanra–his; priya–dear; sri-bhakti-vinoda–Srila Bhakti Vinod Thakur; maha–topmost; bhagavata–of the devotees; vara–best; sri-gaura-kisora–Srila Gaura Kisor Das Babaji Maharaj; vara–the great; hari–of Sri Hari; bhajanete–in the service; yanra–whose; moda–joy. 
(3) The foremost devotees of Srila Visvanath Chakravarti Thakur are Srila Baladev Vidyabhusan and Srila Jagannath Das Babaji. Their dear follower is Srila Bhakti Vinod Thakur. His associate is the best of the topmost devotees, Srila Gaura Kisor Das Babaji, whose sole joy is the service of Sri Hari.
tadanuga mahajana sri-krsna-kirtana-dhana
tad–His; anuga–follower; mahajana–great soul; sri-krsna-kirtana–the glorification of Sri Sri Radha-Krsna; dhana–the wealth; yeba–who; dila–gave; puri'–fulfilling; jaga–of the universe; kama–desires; sri-varsabhanavi–of the daughter of Maharaj Vrsabhanu, Srimati Radharani; vara–dearmost; sada–always; sevya–who is to be served—Srimati Radharani, Sri Gurudev; seva–service; para–engagedin,aspiresfor; tah̐ara–his; dayita-dasa–SrilaBhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur; nama–name. 
(4) The follower of Srila Gaura Kisor Das Babaji, the great soul Dayita Das (Srila Saraswati Thakur), whose wealth is Sri Krishna-kirtan, fulfils the desires of the whole world. He is the dearmost of Sri Varsabhanavi and is always engaged in Her service.
jivabhinna deha divya, svarupa-rupa-raghu-jivya,
jiva–from Srila Jiva Goswami Prabhu; abhinna–non-different; deha–form; divya–divine; svarupa–Srila Svarup Damodar; rupa–Srila Rupa Goswami Prabhu; raghu–Srila Raghunath Das Goswami; jivya–life; sada–always; sevya–who is to be served; sei–he; pada–feet; padma–lotus; yara–whose; bhagya–fortune; udaya–appear; sanda–auspiciousness; dasa–servitor; ramananda–Srila Bhakti Raksak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj; manda–feeble; sri-chandrika–Sri Laghu-chandrika commentary; dekhe–sees; seva–service; sadma–temple. 
(5) The divine personage Sri Dayita Das is non-different from Srila Jiva Goswami Prabhu. His very life is Srila Svarup Damodar, Srila Rupa Goswami Prabhu, and Srila Raghunath Das Goswami Prabhu. His lotus feet are to be served eternally.
The feeble Ramananda Das, whose good fortune has arisen, sees this Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya as the temple of his service.
svairacharabdhi sammagnan jivan gauranghri-pankaje
svairachara–whimsical activities; abdhi–in the ocean; sammagnan–submerged; jivan–the jivas; gaura–of Sriman Mahaprabhu; anghri–feet; pankaje–to the lotus; uddhrtya–uplifting; saranapatteh–of saranagati; mahatmyam–about the greatness; samabodhayat–enlightened; yah–he who; tasya–his; bhakti-siddhanta-sarasvati-prabhoh–Sri Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Prabhupad; guroh–my spiritual master; ati–extremely; udara–magnanimous; pada–feet; ambhoja–lotus; dhulih–dust; syam–may I be; janma–birth; janmani–after birth. [6–7]
(6–7) My master, the universal Guru Bhagavan Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur, uplifts the conditioned souls submerged in the ocean of their whimsical activities to the lotus feet of Sri Gauranga, and enlightens them about the greatness of saranagati. Let me be a particle of dust at his supremely magnanimous lotus feet birth after birth.
guru-dam grantha-dam gaura-dhama-dam nama-dam muda
guru–of the spiritual master; dam–giver; grantha–of scriptures; dam–giver; gaura–of Sriman Mahaprabhu; dhama–the abode; dam–giver; nama–of the Name; dam–giver; muda–joy; bhakti–of devotion; dam–giver; bhuri–abundance; dam–giver; vande–I offer my obeisance; bhakti-vinodakam–Sri Bhakti Vinod Thakur; sada–always. 
(8) I perpetually offer my obeisance unto Srila Bhakti Vinod Thakur with great joy. Guru-dam: he is (first and foremost) the giver of Sri Guru—Bhagavan Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur (the inaugurator of the new era of Gaudiya Vaisnavism). Grantha-dam: he is the author of numerous commentaries, treatises, articles, novels, and songbooks (which represent the condensed essence of revealed truth). Gaura-dhama-dam: he is the revealer of the abode of Sriman Mahaprabhu (which had become lost due to the course of time). Namadam: he is the giver of the Name (the proper conception of the Name). Bhakti-dam: he is the giver of pure devotion (the proper conception of pure devotion in the line of Srila Rupa Goswami Prabhu). Bhuri-dam: he is the bestower of an abundance of divine fortune (ultimately, the service of Srimati Radharani).
bhakti-vinoda-devena–by Srila Bhakti Vinod Thakur; 'saranagati'–as 'Saranagati'; namika–entitled; rachita–composed; pustika–short book; kachit–some; tasyah–on her; bhasye–in regard to a commentary; krta–done; udyamah–undertaking. 
(9) Srila Bhakti Vinod Thakur composed a short book entitled Saranagati upon which I have written a commentary.
idanim atimando 'pi bhaktebhyo bhakti-samgrahe
idanim–now; ati–very; mandah–dull-witted; api–although; bhaktebhyah–to the devotees; bhakti–devotion; samgrahe–in representing; sri-laghu-chandrika-bhasyam–Gentle Moonlight Commentary; prakasa–of illumination; artham–for the purpose; dadami–give; aham–I. 
(10) Now, though I am very dull-witted, for the sake of illumination, I offer the devotees this Gentle Moonlight Commentary, which represents the conclusions of pure devotion.
Goptrtve Varan, Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
Visrambhatmika, Confidence in the Lord's Protection
Varjanatmika, Rejecting the Unfavourable
Anukulyatmika, Accepting the Favourable
Bhajana-Lalasa (Hankering for Service):
Siddha-Lalasa (Hankering for Fulfilment):
Vijnapti (Prayer of Heartfelt Hankering):
Sri Nama-Mahatmya (The Glories of the Name):
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2019, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us