Wed, 24 January 2018: (Appearance of Sri Advaita Acharya Prabhu)Sri Guru-Puja: Homage Without Damage
"It is very difficult, so many austerities will come, but I am tellling you: little by little, slowly, slowly you can harmonise with the devotees. Do not neglect the etiquette. Try to serve in harmony, without speaking against anybody, speaking good about others, etc."
Download the audio (2.7 Mb, 8 min | 23 July 2013)
Tue, 23 January 2018:Sri Guru-Puja: What Is Puja?
"It is necessary to understand what is the meaning of Guru-puja. In this age of Kali, it is very difficult to harmonise. If you think you cannot follow proper etiquette towards other Vaishnavs, if you think it is not necessary to do it, I can give you an example."
Download the audio (1.3 Mb, 4 min | 23 July 2013)
Mon, 22 January 2018: (Sri Krishna Vasanta Panchami)Sri Guru-Puja: Who Is Guru?
"In this age of Kali, there are so many kaulik gurus, so many laukik gurus, so many karmi gurus, jnani gurus, but it is very rare to get a paramarthik guru (a bona fide spiritual Guru)."
Download the audio (0.7 Mb, 2 min | 23 July 2013)
In Honour of Sri Vasanta Panchami:• Sri Vishnupriya Devi:
• Srila Pundarik Vidyanidhi:
• Srila Raghunath Das Goswami:
- Mahaprabhu's Teachings to Srila Raghunath Das Goswami• Srila Raghunandan Thakur: • Srila Visvanath Chakravarti Thakur:
- Breaking Free
- Internal Transformation
- Running From Pratistha
Sun, 21 January 2018:E ghora samsare
"A person who has fallen into this terrible world never ceases to suffer. If you associate with sadhus and serve Hari, however, your suffering comes to an end."
Download the audio (2.4 Mb, 7 min | Kirtan)
Sat, 20 January 2018:Fishing and Matchmaking
"Guru has connection with the lost servant and with the Lord and, as a middleman, whatever message he gets from the Lord, he supplies it to the lost servant, and when we tell some message to the Guru, he sends it to the Lord. That is the Guru's duty."
Download the audio (1.2 Mb, 4 min | 19 June 2013)
Fri, 19 January 2018:Patience Is a Virtue
"If somebody wants to serve the Lord, it is necessary to practise with enthusiasm. If you do not have that eagerness to practise, you will not get the result. Sometimes we become frustrated..."
Download the audio (1.1 Mb, 3 min | 19 June 2013)
Thu, 18 January 2018:Management, Attachment, and Service
"Gurudev always gave examples and his word was very strong. One time, I went to Gurudev and asked him something briefly, without explaining much, but if you heard what Gurudev said, you would run away."
Download the audio (1.6 Mb, 5 min | 19 June 2013)
Wed, 17 January 2018:Preaching Programme (8 photographs, 0.6 Mb | 16 January 2018)
His Divine Grace Om Vishnupad Srila B.N. Acharya Maharaj speaks at en evening devotional public programme and meets with devotees arriving from Ireland.
Tue, 16 January 2018:From All Walks of Life
"I am not trying to discourage anyone. There are four types of people who come to Krishna consciousness, and in each case, if they practise Krishna consciousness, they can succeed."
Download the audio (1.3 Mb, 4 min | 19 June 2013)
Mon, 15 January 2018: (Remembering Sannyas-lila of Sriman Mahaprabhu)Daring Determination
"Now too after Gurudev's disappearance, many think, 'What will I keep my life for?' This is wrong thinking, it is following your mind. You must have a great good fortune, but who does fortune actually come to?"
Download the audio (1 Mb, 3 min | 19 June 2013)
In honour of Sriman Mahaprabhu's sannyas:
Today:"According to solar calculation, it was on the day of Makara-sankranti, an auspicious conjunction of the stars, that Nimai Pandit went to Katwa to take sannyasa, the renounced order of life. The ordinary public was very much enraged, and Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu began performing kirtan, chanting Hare Krishna and dancing madly. And the angry mob grew, sometimes creating a disturbance. In this way, the whole day passed with no decision. The night passed in sankirtana. And the next day, Nimai's will prevailed, although there was still some opposition. Next afternoon, the sannyasa function began..."
Lila: Roaming the Land
Sri Nimai Sannyas
(English, Bengali, an audio recording)
prema-dhama-devam eva naumi gaura-sundaram
"Sri Gaurasundara departed from Nabadwip and went away to become a sannyasi (monk), leaving behind his family members and friends whose eyes were filled with tears. He accepted the staff and waterpot as his only possessions, the emblems of a renunciate. When his long hair was cut off and his head was shaved, thousands of voices sang the holy names. The devotee's eyes shed rivers of tears, since they knew he was going into the world and leaving them behind. From that time, whoever saw him in the red garments of a sannyasi cried out loud in grief. I sing with joy the unending glories of my sweet Lord, my golden Gaurasundara, the one and only divine abode of pure love."
Sun, 14 January 2018: (Paran at 6:26-9:59 a.m.; Makar Sankranti)Dispatching Sri Damodar Pandit
"Mahaprabhu knows devotees—who is a 10% devotee, who is a 20% devotee, who is a 50% devotee, who is a real devotee—He knows all of His associates. Mahaprabhu knew also that Damodar Pandit was very honest, and once He wanted to know..."
Download the audio (1.4 Mb, 4 min | 1 June 2013)
Today:"According to solar calculation, it was on the day of Makara-sankranti, an auspicious conjunction of the stars, that Nimai Pandita went to Katwa to take sannyasa, the renounced order of life. Many men flocked there, until a huge crowd gathered. The ordinary public was very much enraged. Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu began performing kirtana, and the angry mob grew, sometimes creating a disturbance. In this way the whole day passed with no decision..." (Continue reading >>>)
CALENDAR FOR 01/2018
22. (Mon) Sri Krishna Vasanta Panchami. Appearance day of Sri Vishnu Priya Devi, Srila Pundarik Vidyanidhi, Srila Raghunath Das Goswami, and Srila Raghu Nandan Thakur. Disappearance of Srila Visvanath Chakravarti Thakur, Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Viveka Bharati Maharaj, and Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Svarup Parvat Maharaj. Sri Saraswati Puja.
24. (Wed) Appearance of Mahavishnu Avatar, Sri Advaita Acharya.
25. (Thu) Disappearance of Sripad Virendra Krishna Prabhu.
26. (Fri) Disappearance of Srila Madhva Acharya.
27. (Sat) Disappearance of Srila Ramanuja Acharya.
28. (Sun) Gaura Dvadashi. Bhaimi Ekadashi. Fast. Varaha Dvadashi. Appearance of Lord Varaha.
29. (Mon) Gaura Trayodashi. Appearance of Sri Nityananda Prabhu. Paran between 6:24 and 10:01 am. Grand festival and installation anniversary of Sri Sri Guru Gaura Nityananda Jiu at Sree Chaitanya Saraswata Krishnanushilana Sangha, Ekachakra Dham.
31. (Wed) Purnima. Sri Krishna's Madhurotsav. Appearance of Srila Narottam Das Thakur.
CALENDAR FOR 02/2018
3. (Sat) Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Sripad Bhakti Premik Siddhanti Maharaj.
5. (Mon) Krishna Panchami. The 145th divine appearance festival of Bhagavan Sri Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Goswami Prabhupad. Anniversary festival of the installation of Sri Gupta Govardhan Sri Mandir, Sri Govinda Kunda, Nabadwip. Disappearance of Srila Purushottam Thakur.
6. (Tue) Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Saranga Goswami Maharaj.
11. (Sun) Vijaya Ekadashi. Fast. Disappearance of Sripad Krishna Govinda Das Adhikari.
12. (Mon) Paran between 6:17 and 10:00 a.m.
14. (Wed) Sri Sri Shivaratri (optional fast). Disappearance of Sripad Yudhamanyu Prabhu Seva Vikram.
15. (Thu) Amavasya. Paran between 6:15 and 9:59 a.m. for those who fasted. Anniversary festival of the installation of Sri Sadashiva Gangadhar, Sri Govinda Kunda, Nabadwip.
16. (Fri) Disappearance of Vaishnava Sarvabhauma Srila Jagannath Das Babaji Maharaj, Srila Rasikananda Dev Goswami, and Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Dayita Madhav Maharaj.
17. (Sat) Appearance of Srila Bhakti Kusum Ashram Maharaj.
18. (Sun) Sri Sri Guru Gauranga Gandharva Radha Ramanasundar Jiu installation anniversary festival, at Sree Chaitanya Saraswata Krishnanushilana Sangha, Kaikhali, Kolkata.
19. (Mon) Appearance of Srila Purushottam Thakur. Disappearance of Sripad Tulasidas Das Adhikari Prabhu.
20. (Tue) Disappearance of Sriyukta Tarangini Devi.
25. (Sun) Adhivas festival of Sri Nabadwip Dham Parikrama. Beginning of annual seven day festival.
26. (Mon) Gaura Ekadashi. Amalaki Ekadashi. Fast. Sri Nabadwip Dham Parikrama begins. Parikrama of Sri Ishodyan, Sri Yoga Pith (Sriman Mahaprabhu's appearance place), Srivas Angan, Sri Nrisimha Mandir, Sri Advaita Bhavan, Murari Gupta Bhavan, Sri Chaitanya Math, the Temple of Sri Sri Gandharvika-Giridhari and Sriman Mahaprabhu surrounded by the Acharyas of the four Vaishnava sampradayas, Srila Prabhupad's Samadhi Mandir, Srila Gaura Kishor Das Babaji Maharaj's Samadhi, Sri Kazi Samadhi, Sharadanga Sri Jagannath Mandir, Sridhar Angan, Sri Simantadwip, Sri Rudradwip, and Sri Antardwip.
27. (Tue) Gaura Dvadashi. Paran between 6:06 and 9:55 a.m. Disappearance of Sripad Madhavendra Puri. Parikrama of Praudha Maya, Vriddha Shiva, Sri Vishnu Priya's Deity of Sri Gauranga, Sri Jagannath Das Babaji Maharaj's Samadhi Mandir, Sri Koladwip, and other places.
28. (Wed) Gaura Trayodashi. Parikrama of Sri Godrumadwip and Madhyadwip, Sri Surabhi Kunj, Suvarna Bihar Math, Sri Nrisimha Palli, Sri Harihara Ksetra, and other places.
THE TEN OFFENCES TO1) Criticise sadhus, Vaishnavs
THE HOLY NAME:
2) Consider Lord Siva and gods to be independent of Lord Krishna
3) Consider Guru to be an ordinary mortal man
4) Criticise scriptures
5) Interpret the Name with the help of a dictionary, etc.
6) Consider the Name imaginary.
7) Sin and chant to remove the sin.
8) Consider chanting equal to pious activities.
9) Instruct faithless people in chanting, inattentive chanting.
10) Remain attached to things, your body, etc.
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2018, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us