Fri, 23 February 2018:Other Desires
"People say, 'I am your, Gurudev,' but inside they have some other desire also. We may have no material desire, we may have some spiritual desire, but we cannot understand what is a material desire and what is a spiritual desire, or what Gurudev wants."
Download the audio (1.3 Mb, 4 min | 20 February 2018)
Thu, 22 February 2018:"I am not hopeless"
"We try many things, but everything depends upon Lord Krishna, our Gurudev. He is our guardian, and we are all instruments. We only try our best, but the result will come through him. Many phone calls came today, but I told them, 'What is the problem?'"
Download the audio (3.1 Mb, 9 min | 20 February 2018)
Wed, 21 February 2018:We Forget
"The main thing that I want to tell everybody is that everybody is preaching, everybody knows everything, but sometimes because of the illusory environment, because our ego attacks us, we forget..."
Download the audio (1.5 Mb, 5 min | 20 February 2018)
Evening Class in Kolkata
(7 photographs, 0.4 Mb | 20 February 2018)
Tue, 20 February 2018:Sri Vaishnava Calendar for 2018-2019
The calendar of auspicious days, festivals and fasting celebrated and observed at Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math for the following year (Sri Gaurabda 533, or 2018-2019) is now available online, both in English and Bengali.
Vaishnava Calendar (Google, android)
-Follow the link above
-Click on a "plus" sign at the bottom of the page to add it to your Google Calendar page
-If you are not logged in Google account, enter your login info
-The calendar will appear in your Google Calendar under "Other calendars"
-Final step, on your phone: synchronise your google account calendar in the settings of your phone. Restart your phone if the Calendar events do not appear immediately.
Note: the calendar has notifications set for the major dates, but you need to see the calendar settings in your phone to make sure you get these notifications. You can also receive notification by email, see the settings in your online Google calendar.
Vaishnava Calendar (iCal, Apple devices)
-Follow the link above
-Wait for a pop-up window, tap "add all" on top. All calendar events should be added to your calendar smoothly.
If you have questions or difficulty with uploading the Calendar to your device, you can get in touch with us at .
Preaching and Rice
Collection (8 photographs, 0.4 Mb | 19 February 2018)
Mon, 19 February 2018:
শ্রীগৌড়ীয়-পর্ব্ব-তালিকা ৫৩২-৫৩৩(Publishing the Bengali Vaishnava Calendar for the next year (2018-2019). Shall be available in English shortly.)
শুভ তিথি, একাদশী ও উপবাস তিথি, পরাণ সময় এবং আগামী বছরের মহোৎসব তিথি । এখন অনলাইনে পড়তে কিংবা PDF ডাউনলোড করতে পারেন ।
Preaching and Rice
Collection (8 photographs, 0.7 Mb | 18 February 2018)
Knock, Knock! (Ahvana Poem)
touching your feet—please come!"
Strike While the
Iron Is Hot
Sun, 18 February 2018:Association and Assimilation
"Remember Nityananda Prabhu's tolerance and patience. If somebody tells you something bad, you become upset, you get angry, but this is not your conception—your Gurudev never taught you this, Nityananda Prabhu never taught you this."
Download the audio (2.6 Mb, 8 min | 27 January 2018 | Bengali)
Sat, 17 February 2018:
Fri, 16 February 2018: (Disappearance of Srila Jagannath Das Babaji Maharaj)Srila Jagannath Das Babaji Maharaj's Bhajan Kutir
"This place where we are sitting now is the samadhi mandir and the bhajan kutir of Jagannath Das Babaji Maharaj. We are paying obeisance to his place. He is our Guru parampara..."
Ei-bara karuna kara vaisnava
Jagannath Das Babaji Maharaj
কৃষ্ণ হৈতে চতুর্ম্মুখ
Ye anila prema
যে আনিল প্রেমধন
In honour of Srimad Bhakti Dayita Madhav Goswami Maharaj's disappearance:
Consciousness, Service Consciousness
Thu, 15 February 2018:Foster Devotional Feelings
"What do I want? I do not want wealth, knowledge, beautiful companions—all these things that the outside people are so proud of... If you run behind the illusory environment—enjoyment and liberation—Krishna will give it to you, but what will you think after that?"
Download the audio (2 Mb, 6 min | 27 January 2018 | Bengali)
Wed, 14 February 2018: (Sri Sivaratri)Visiting Sri Tarakeswar Temple
(12 photographs, 0.8 Mb | 13 February 2018)
Photographs taken during the last evening at the temple of Sri Sri Guru Gauranga Radha Madan Mohan jiu in Tarakeswar. His Divine Grace Srila B.N. Acharya Maharaj speaks about the glories of Lord Siva and encourages devotees to practise properly.
In honour of Sri Sivaratri:
Sivji Maharaj and
Nandi: Journey to Sri Nabadwip Dham
শিবজী মহারাজ : পরম বৈষ্ণব (ওঁ বিষ্ণুপাদ শ্রীল ভক্তি নির্ম্মল আচার্য্য মহারাজের হরি-কথামৃত)
"কেউ বলে, 'তুমি শিব ভক্ত, আমি কৃষ্ণ ভক্ত !' এরকম বলবেন না । শিব আর কৃষ্ণ আলাদাও নয়, আবার শিব আর কৃষ্ণ একও নয় । শিব হচ্ছেন কৃষ্ণের অংশবিশেষ । শিব ভগবানের সেবক, শিবজী মহারাজ পরমভক্ত ।"
Tue, 13 February 2018:Bhava-Rog Doctor
"When you get sick, you see a doctor—the doctor gives you medicine, you take it and get well. Here, to cure your disease of material existence, the doctor actually comes to your house and tells you what things you must avoid to remove your illusory environment."
Download the audio (0.9 Mb, 3 min | 27 January 2018 | Bengali)
CALENDAR FOR 02/2018
25. (Sun) Adhivas festival of Sri Nabadwip Dham Parikrama. Beginning of annual seven day festival.
26. (Mon) Gaura Ekadashi. Amalaki Ekadashi. Fast. Sri Nabadwip Dham Parikrama begins. Parikrama of Sri Ishodyan, Sri Yoga Pith (Sriman Mahaprabhu's appearance place), Srivas Angan, Sri Nrisimha Mandir, Sri Advaita Bhavan, Murari Gupta Bhavan, Sri Chaitanya Math, the Temple of Sri Sri Gandharvika-Giridhari and Sriman Mahaprabhu surrounded by the Acharyas of the four Vaishnava sampradayas, Srila Prabhupad's Samadhi Mandir, Srila Gaura Kishor Das Babaji Maharaj's Samadhi, Sri Kazi Samadhi, Sharadanga Sri Jagannath Mandir, Sridhar Angan, Sri Simantadwip, Sri Rudradwip, and Sri Antardwip.
27. (Tue) Gaura Dvadashi. Paran between 6:06 and 9:55 a.m. Disappearance of Sripad Madhavendra Puri. Parikrama of Praudha Maya, Vriddha Shiva, Sri Vishnu Priya's Deity of Sri Gauranga, Sri Jagannath Das Babaji Maharaj's Samadhi Mandir, Sri Koladwip, and other places.
28. (Wed) Gaura Trayodashi. Parikrama of Sri Godrumadwip and Madhyadwip, Sri Surabhi Kunj, Suvarna Bihar Math, Sri Nrisimha Palli, Sri Harihara Ksetra, and other places.
CALENDAR FOR 03/2018
1. (Thu) Adhivas of the appearance of Sri Gauranga. Parikrama of Sri Koladwip, Sri Ritudwip, Sri Jahnudwip, Sri Modadrumadwip, Old Sri Sri Gaura-Gadadhar Mandir, Vidya Nagar Sarvabhauma Gaudiya Math, Srila Vrindavan Das Thakur's appearance place, and the Deity served by Sri Saranga Murari and Vasudev Datta Thakur.
2. (Fri) Sri Gaura Purnima. Divine appearance of Sri Gauranga. Total fast until moonrise, then no grains. Grand festival at Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math.End of year 532 Gaurabda.
3. (Sat) Sri Gaura Purnima paran between 6:03 and 9:54 a.m. Anandotsav of Sri Jagannath Mishra. Start of year 533 Gaurabda.
6. (Tue) Festival at the appearance place of Srila Bhakti Raksak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj, Sripat Hapaniya. Appearance of the Holy Deities of Sripat Hapaniya, Sri Sri Guru Gauranga Radha Gopinath Jiu at Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Ashram. Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Sharan Shanta Maharaj. Pancham Dol.
9. (Fri) Appearance of Srila Srivas Pandit.
11. (Sun) Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vigraha Bhiksu Goswami Maharaj.
13. (Tue) Papa Vimochani Ekadashi. Fast.
14. (Wed) Paran between 5:53 and 9:49 a.m. Festival in honour of Sriman Mahaprabhu's auspicious arrival at Varaha Nagar. Disappearance of Srila Govinda Ghosh Thakur, Sripad Satyendrachandra Bhattacharya Mahoday.
22. (Thu) Appearance of Sripad Ramanuja Acharya and Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Hriday Bon Maharaj.
24. (Sat) Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vilas Tirtha Maharaj.
25. (Sun) Sri Rama Navami. Fast until noon. Appearance at noon of Sri Ramachandra.
27. (Tue) Kamada Ekadashi. Fast.
28. (Wed) Paran between 5:48 and 9:42 a.m. Festival in honour of the disappearance of Om Vishnupad Paramahamsa Parivrajakacharya-varya Ashtottara-shata-sri Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj.
31. (Sat) Purnima. Vasanta Rasa of Sri Krishna. Rasa Yatra of Sri Balaram. Appearance of Srila Vamshi Vadanananda Thakur and Srila Shyamananda Prabhu.
THE TEN OFFENCES TO1) Criticise sadhus, Vaishnavs
THE HOLY NAME:
2) Consider Lord Siva and gods to be independent of Lord Krishna
3) Consider Guru to be an ordinary mortal man
4) Criticise scriptures
5) Interpret the Name with the help of a dictionary, etc.
6) Consider the Name imaginary.
7) Sin and chant to remove the sin.
8) Consider chanting equal to pious activities.
9) Instruct faithless people in chanting, inattentive chanting.
10) Remain attached to things, your body, etc.
|"HUMILITY, TOLERANCE, GIVING HONOUR TO OTHERS | HUMILITY, TOLERANCE, GIVING HONOUR TO OTHERS"|
© 2014-2018, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us