Mon, 24 April 2017:Perils of Pleasure
"Someone lives in the temple but always thinks about their health, thinks about their body, about a comfortable life—we want to leave maya, but maya does not want to leave us..."
Download the audio (0.6 Mb, 2 min | 21 May 2016)
Sun, 23 April 2017: (Sri Ekadasi paran is at 5:39-9:28 a.m.)Gaudiya Math—Transcendental Hospital
"In a mundane hospital, they cure pain in your hand today, but tomorrow you will have pain in your head. Who can give you real relief? Only Guru can relieve you from this material world, can cure you from the material disease of heart."
Download the audio (2 Mb, 6 min | 4 March 2017)
Sat, 22 April 2017: (Today is Sri Varuthini Ekadashi, tomorrow paran is at 5:39-9:28 a.m.)Ekadasi Tithi: One of the Practices
"We follow viddhi-marga (we worship the Lord and Guru), that is why we follow Ekadasi. Also, because Mahaprabhu told to do so. We are devotees of Mahaprabhu, so we follow whatever Mahaprabhu tells us to do."
Download the audio (1 Mb, 3 min | 19 July 2013)
Sri Ekadasi Guidance
(Sri Sri Prema Vivarta)
Fri, 21 April 2017: (Disappearance of Srila Vrindavan Das Thakur; tomorrow is Sri Varuthini Ekadashi)
Under a Haritaki Tree
Thakur: A Life of Chastity
Composed by Srila Vrindavan Das Thakur:
Nitai amara dayara avadhi |
নিতাই আমার দয়ার অবধি
Bimala hema-jini |
Prayers to Sri Vaishnav Thakur:
Ei-bara karuna kara |
এইবার করুণা কর
(ওহে) বৈষ্ণব ঠাকুর
Ki-rupe paiba seva |
কিরূপে পাইব সেবা
Dhana mora nityananda |
ধন মোর নিত্যানন্দ
Thu, 20 April 2017:Sarvabhauma Bhattacharya: "Please give me shelter!"
"You have heard about many pastimes of Mahaprabhu from Chaitanya-bhagavat and Chaitanya-charitamrita. He performed many types of pastimes, but you know that Sarvabhauma Pandit at first did not believe that Mahaprabhu was the Lord Himself..."
Download the audio (1 Mb, 3 min | 11 August 2003)
Religion of the
Wed, 19 April 2017:The Eyes to See, the Heart to Feel
"If you have love and affection for the Lord, then you will be able to recognise who has love and affection for the Lord. If you are a sincere seeker and have chastity, you will be able to understand who is senior, who is junior. It does not depend upon age..."
Download the audio (2 Mb, 6 min | 18 June 2010)
Tue, 18 April 2017:
আমি তো সব ব্যবস্থা করি নাকি ? (ওঁ বিষ্ণুপাদ শ্রীল ভক্তি নির্ম্মল আচার্য্য মহারাজের হরি-কথামৃত)
"এক যে ছিল ব্রাহ্মণ, তার নাম ছিল অর্জ্জুন মিশ্র । তিনি প্রত্যেক দিন গীতা-পাঠ করতেন আর প্রত্যেক দিন ভিক্ষায় বেরিয়ে যেতেন । এক দিন গীতা-পাঠ করে এই শ্লোকটা দেখতে পেলেন, 'যারা অন্য চিন্তা বাদ দিয়ে আমার শরণাপন্ন হয়, তাদের খাবারটা আমি বয়ে এনে দেই'"...
Mon, 17 April 2017:Fending Maya Off: Nourish Others, Protect Yourself
"Call devotees and bring them to the temple, help them keep connection. Maya is very powerful, but when devotees are with devotees, maya always runs away. We must worry about our quality. We can be small, but our line should be perfect."
Download the audio (1.2 Mb, 4 min | 28 September 2011)
Sun, 16 April 2017: (Disappearance of Sripad Krishna Das Babaji Maharaj)Practice Secures Your Life
"Always chant the Name of Krishna, chant kirtans, and you will see that you yourself will get energy and you will be able to stay in this line all your life until death. If you want to stay in this line, you must practise."
Download the audio (1.4 Mb, 5 min | 24 December 2010)
Sri Gaudiya Gitanjali
In honour of Sripad Krishna Das Babaji Maharaj:Pranama-mantra:
saumyam sattva-tanum sahasya-vadanam kantham sutana-anvitam
krsna-ananda-karam ratantama-nisam nama-aksaram sundaram
sri-nandisvaram-asritam vraja-bhuvi gaure cha mayapuram
vande yukta-viraga-bhakti-lasitam sri-krsna-dasa-prabhum
"I am offering my obeisance to Sri Krishna Das Prabhu, whose form is very beautiful and auspicious, who always smiles and has a very melodious voice; who day and night chants the Holy Name in a very beautiful way, bringing about the nectar of Lord Krishna; who resides in Vraja during the pastimes of Lord Krishna and in Mayapur during the pastimes of Gaura; and who sports in devotion with proper renunciation."
Root of Our Fortune
Sat, 15 April 2017:Vaishnavs' Mercy Is Our Refuge
"Srila Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj kept Gurudev, kept all the devotees here to serve this Math, and this is our only hope and refuge. The mercy of Vaishnavs is our blessing, this is our hope and prayer. We must always remember and think about this."
Download the audio (1.2 Mb, 4 min | 24 December 2010)
Fri, 14 April 2017:Habit Is Second Nature
"It is necessary to practise regularly, to make it your habit. Wake up early in the morning, do mangal arati, chant kirtans. Practising life is a beautiful life. If you can practise in this way in your house in the morning, you will get energy. Otherwise this life is nothing."
Download the audio (2.4 Mb, 7 min | 24 December 2010)
CALENDAR for 04/2017
26. (Wed) Amavasya. Appearance of Srila Gadadhar Pandit Goswami.
27. (Thu) Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Aloka Paramahamsa Maharaj.
28. (Fri) Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vichar Jajavar Maharaj.
29. (Sat) Beginning of 21 days Chandan Yatra of Sri Sri Jagannathdev. Aksaya Tritiya: a good day to start some works.
MAY 20171. (Mon) Appearance of Sripad Shankar Acharya. Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vilas Gabhastinemi Maharaj.
2. (Tue) Sri Jahnavi Puja (Sri Ganga Puja).
4. (Thu) Appearance of Sri Nityananda-shakti, Sri Jahnava Devi, and Sri Rama-shakti, Sri Sita Devi.
6. (Sat) Mohini Ekadashi. Fast.
7. (Sun) Paran between 5:05 and 9:24 a.m.
9. (Tue) Sri Nrisimha Chaturdashi: appearance day of Sri Nrisimhadev. Full fast until after sunset, then no grains (anukalpa).
10. (Wed) Purnima. Sri Nrisimha Chaturdashi paran between 5:03 and 9:23 a.m. Sri Krishna's Phul Dol and Salila Bihar. Buddha Purnima: appearance day of Lord Buddha. Disappearance of Srila Parameshvari Das Thakur. Appearance of Srila Srinivas Acharya.
11. (Thu) Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Saranga Goswami Maharaj.
16. (Tue) Disappearance of Srila Ramananda Ray.
22. (Mon) Krishna Ekadashi. Apara Ekadashi. Fast.
23. (Tue) Paran between 4:57 and 8:21 a.m. Appearance of Srila Vrindavan Das Thakur.
26. (Fri) Sree Chaitanya Saraswata Krishnanushilana Sangha, Dum Dum Park, Kolkata: Sri Sri Guru Gauranga Radha Madan Mohan Jiu's installation day festival.
29. (Mon) Disappearance of Srila Bhakti Gaurava Giri Maharaj (Sripad Paramananda Vidyaratna Prabhu).
THE TEN OFFENCES TO1) Criticise sadhus, Vaishnavs
THE HOLY NAME:
2) Consider Lord Siva and gods to be independent of Lord Krishna
3) Consider Guru to be an ordinary mortal man
4) Criticise scriptures
5) Interpret the Name with the help of a dictionary, etc.
6) Consider the Name imaginary.
7) Sin and chant to remove the sin.
8) Consider chanting equal to pious activities.
9) Instruct faithless people in chanting, inattentive chanting.
10) Remain attached to things, your body, etc.
|"HUMILITY, TOLERANCE, GIVING HONOUR TO OTHERS | HUMILITY, TOLERANCE, GIVING HONOUR TO OTHERS"|
© 2014-2017, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us