Wed, 19 February 2020 (Sri Vijaya Ekadasi, tomorrow paran is at 6:13-9:58 a.m.)Spiritual Promotion
"You struggle so much in your life, but how many days have we got in this lifetime? We do not want to be demoted. We want to be promoted, and this promotion will come through service—through the service to the guru and Vaishnavs. That is the main thing."
Download the audio (1.4 Mb, 4 min | 8 February 2020)
Sri Ekadasi Guidance
(Sri Sri Prema Vivarta)
(by Srila B.N. Acharya Maharaj)
Tue, 18 February 2020 (Tomorrow is Sri Vijaya Ekadasi)Hidden Service
"Srivas Pandit's faith is super strongest. Everybody's faith is not like that. When somebody puts some poison in others' brain, they change their mind. Our faith must be strong. Practise, practise and practise."
Download the audio (1.2 Mb, 3 min | 8 February 2020)
Mon, 17 February 2020Do Not Fear Sacrifice
"Life should be for service. What the guru and Vaishnavs tell, that is service, and you must serve with love. You must sacrifice in your life. Those who can make sacrifice in their life, they get the real benefit."
Download the audio (1.4 Mb, 4 min | 8 February 2020)
Sun, 16 February 2020Guard Your Service Life
"Whatever problem comes, we will not run away from our service. Problems will always come—we are in the battlefield, and we will fight against maya until our death. That is our conception. We will not fight against men, but we will fight against ourselves."
Download the audio (2.6 Mb, 8 min | 8 February 2020)
Sat, 15 February 2020My Gratitude
"So many devotees are helping us with this festival—somebody cannot help physically, but they are helping through their mind, through their funds, etc. I am not only thanking them, I am very grateful to them because they are doing so much for Gurudev."
Download the audio (1.1 Mb, 3 min | 8 February 2020)
Fri, 14 February 2020 (Appearance of Srila Bhakti Saranga Goswami Maharaj)Grand Festival
"Without Nityananda Prabhu's mercy, without Gurudev's mercy, we are not able to do it. We do not know for how many days in this life we can do this service like this, but we are always enthusiastic, we are always trying to serve Gurudev or Nityananda Prabhu, and it is Their matter whether they will accept our service or not."
Download the audio (2.6 Mb, 7 min | 8 February 2020)
In honour of Srila Bhakti Saranga Goswami Maharaj:
divyam dirgha-bhujaravinda-nayanam sarasvatam sundaram
"I offer my obeisance unto the beautiful follower of Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur, Srimad Bhakti Saranga Goswami Maharaj. He has a radiant form, long arms, and lotus eyes. He crushes the pride of the wicked and squashes the cruel oppression of the heretics and demons. He is like a thunderbolt on the mountain of hypocrisy. He is the sole friend of the intelligentsia and a shining sun above the lotus of the aristocracy."
(Composed by Srila B.S. Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj)
Srila Prabhupad's Preaching
The Root of Our
Ei-bara karuna kara |
এইবার করুণা কর
কিরূপে পাইব সেবা
(ওহে) বৈষ্ণব ঠাকুর
Knock, Knock! (Ahvana Poem)
touching your feet—please come!"
Strike While the
Iron Is Hot
Thu, 13 February 2020 (Appearance of Bhagavan Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur Prabhupad)Zest for Service
"I think that the Lord arranges everything that is necessary for His service—only our desire, wish, will is necessary. If you have desire ('I will do it!'), you will succeed. It is necessary to have desire, otherwise sitting idle, laziness will not take you far."
Download the audio (1 Mb, 6 min | 5 February 2020)
In honour of Bhagavan Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur Prabhupad:
"Today is a special day, Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur's appearance day. If he had not come, where would we get Srila Guru Maharaj, Srila Gurudev? If we do not get mercy from Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur, without Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur, we cannot think about Srila Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj."
— Srila B.N. Acharya Maharaj
Biography of Bhagavan Sri
Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur Prabhupad
"This is how Prabhupad started preaching the proper conception in this world, and it is owing to him that we are here now, that we can preach now. That is why we must glorify Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur."
Download the audio (2.4 Mb, 7 min | 24 February 2019) Seeking Srila Saraswati Thakur's Mercy
"I am very happy that we celebrate the days of Srila Saraswati Thakur, Srila Bhaktivinod Thakur together and I am very grateful that you have given me, a lowly person, an asan on this stage... What teachings did Srila Saraswati Thakur give to the world?"
Download the audio (2.3 Mb, 7 min | 16 February 2017 | Bengali)
Embodiment of Mercy
"We do not want to stay in the temple because there are so many rules and regulations—everything has to be maintained at a certain time, and if you live alone, nobody will tell you anything, but you will be losing your devotional activities. Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur said that nirjan bhajan is self-deception."
Download the audio (6.3 Mb, 19 min | 6 March 2016)
Srila Bhakti Siddhanta Saraswati Thakur (Bengali
Sri Guru Parampara |
Jayare jayare jaya paramahamsa |
জয়রে জয়রে জয় পরমহংস
Sri Bhakti Siddhanta Vani
Wed, 12 February 2020Buddhi-Suddhi
"You recite mantras for the archan, you chant that the cloth is clean, the chamara is clean, the peacock fan is clean, the pancha-pradip is clean, etc. Everything is clean, but do you ever think, 'Is my mind clean?'"
Download the audio (1 Mb, 3 min | 5 February 2020)
Tue, 11 February 2020Atma-Buddhi
"If you have fifty kilogrammes of rice on your head, you feel so much pressure—even if you come into an A/C room, you will not get any comfort there because you have heavy things on your head. We still have ego, we still cannot even understand that we are eternal servants of the Lord."
Download the audio (1.5 Mb, 5 min | 5 February 2020)
Mon, 10 February 2020Power of Sukriti
"Sanda and Amarka taught Prahlad Maharaj nonsense things, but Prahlad Maharaj did not take that association. Prahlad Maharaj had some previous sukriti (actions related with the Lord), and through that sukriti he could receive the proper teaching from Narad Goswami."
Download the audio (1.4 Mb, 4 min | 5 February 2020)
Sun, 9 February 2020 (Appearance of Srila Narottam Das Thakur)Victory over Visaya
"If we take prasad, all kinds of bad elements, bad diseases will be removed; if we chant the Holy Name, all Nama-aparadhas will go away; if we do service, all seva-aparadhas will go away—we do it, but why are we not getting the result?"
Download the audio (1.8 Mb, 6 min | 5 February 2020)
In honour of Srila Narottam Das Thakur's Appearance Day:
Thakur: Our Guru, Our Protector, Our Shelter
Srila Narottam Das
Thakur: Bona Fide Benefactor
In Praise of Srila Narottam Das Thakur [From Affectionate Guidance]
Sat, 8 February 2020 (Festival in remembrance of Hadai Pandit and Padmavati Devi)Inconceivable Mercy
"We can understand Krishna consciousness if we have a desire to serve the Lord—if we have enthusiasm. You can see how merciful Lord Krishna is, but Mahaprabhu is more merciful than Krishna, and Nityananda Prabhu is even more merciful than Gauranga."
Download the audio (1.3 Mb, 4 min | 5 February 2020)
News from Sri Ekachakra Dham: The festival of Sriman Nityananda Prabhu passes grandly and gorgeously with over 1500 devotees and guests coming to honour the maha-prasadam. The following day (today) many visitors still keep coming for maha-prasadam and the fortunate devotees who stay at the temple (sadly, many leave after the festival to return to their other service duties) busily engage themselves in cooking and distributing prasadam, as well as many cleaning services around the temple continuing celebrating the festival of service life.
Fri, 7 February 2020 (Appearance Day of Lord Nityananda Prabhu, fast until noon)Treacherous Desires
"If you have some material desire and want it to be fulfilled, Krishna will give that to you happily. On the other hand, Krishna says, 'I am not a fool—why will I give them visaya? Instead, I will give them My lotus feet and make them forget visaya!"
Download the audio (1.4 Mb, 4 min | 5 February 2020)
Festival at Sri Ekachakra Dham (3 | Nityananda Trayodasi)
Glories of Sri Nityananda Prabhu
Thu, 6 February 2020 (Sri Varaha Dvadasi; tomorrow is Sri Nityananda Trayodasi, fast until noon)Distinction of Sri Rupanuga Line
"In this world, people serve the Lord in three ways. First, somebody worships the Lord because they are afraid. Second, people worship the Lord because have some material desire. Third, somebody worships the Lord out of duty. This is not right."
Download the audio (1.1 Mb, 3 min | 5 February 2020)
Festival at Sri Ekachakra Dham (2 | Varaha Dvadasi)
CALENDAR FOR 02/2020
19. (Wed) Vijaya Ekadasi. Fast. Disappearance of Sripad Krishna Govinda Das Adhikari.
20. (Thu) Paran between 6:13 and 9:58 a.m.
22. (Sat) Sri Sri Shivaratri (optional fast). Disappearance of Sripad Yudhamanyu Prabhu Seva Vikram.
23. (Sun) Amavasya. Paran between 6:11 and 9:58 a.m. for those who fasted. Anniversary festival of the installation of Sri Sadasiva Gangadhar, Sri Govinda Kunda, Nabadwip, Deities at the temple in Tarakeshwar, and the inauguration of the temple of Lord Siva in Kadigachha.
24. (Mon) Disappearance of Vaishnava Sarvabhauma Srila Jagannath Das Babaji Maharaj, Srila Rasikananda Dev Goswami, and Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Dayita Madhav Maharaj.
25. (Tue) Appearance of Srila Bhakti Kusum Ashram Maharaj.
26. (Wed) Sri Sri Guru Gauranga Gandharva Radha Ramanasundar Jiu installation anniversary festival, at Sree Chaitanya Saraswata Krishnanushilana Sangha, Kaikhali, Kolkata.
27. (Thu) Appearance of Srila Purushottam Thakur. Disappearance of Sripad Tulasidas Das Adhikari Prabhu.
28. (Fri) Disappearance of Sriyukta Tarangini Devi.
CALENDAR FOR 03/2020
4. (Wed) Gaura Navami. Adhivas festival of Sri Nabadwip Dham Parikrama. Beginning of annual seven day festival.
5. (Thu) Sri Nabadwip Dham Parikrama begins. Parikrama of Sri Ishodyan, Sri Yoga Pith (Sriman Mahaprabhu's appearance place), Srivas Angan, Sri Nrisimha Mandir, Sri Advaita Bhavan, Murari Gupta Bhavan, Sri Chaitanya Math, the Temple of Sri Sri Gandharvika-Giridhari and Sriman Mahaprabhu surrounded by the Acharyas of the four Vaishnava sampradayas, Srila Prabhupad's Samadhi Mandir, Srila Gaura Kishor Das Babaji Maharaj's Samadhi, Sri Kazi Samadhi, Sharadanga Sri Jagannath Mandir, Sridhar Angan, Sri Simantadwip, Sri Rudradwip, and Sri Antardwip.
6. (Fri) Trisprisha Mahadvadashi. Fast. Disappearance of Sripad Madhavendra Puri. Parikrama of Praudha Maya, Vriddha Shiva, Sri Vishnu Priya's Deity of Sri Gauranga, Sri Jagannath Das Babaji Maharaj's Samadhi Mandir, Sri Koladwip.
7. (Sat) Paran between 5:59 and 9:52 a.m. Parikrama of Sri Godrumadwip and Madhyadwip, Sri Surabhi Kunj, Suvarna Bihar Math, Sri Nrisimha Palli, Sri Harihara Ksetra.
8. (Sun) Adhivas observance ceremony of the appearance of Sri Gauranga. Parikrama of Sri Koladwip, Sri Ritudwip, Sri Jahnudwip, Sri Modadrumadwip, Old Sri Sri Gaura-Gadadhar Mandir, Vidya Nagar Sarvabhauma Gaudiya Math, Srila Vrindavan Das Thakur's appearance place, and the Deity served by Sri Saranga Murari and Vasudev Datta Thakur.
9. (Mon) Sri Gauravirbhava Paurnamasi. Sri Gaura Purnima. Divine appearance of Sri Gauranga. Total fast until moonrise, then no grains. Grand festival at Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math. Vasantotsav and Dol Yatra of Sri Sri Radha-Govinda. Special offering of worship and arati. Sri Chaitanya-charitamrita reading and maha-sankirtan. End of year 534 Gaurabda.
10. (Tue) Sri Gaura Purnima paran between 5:56 and 9:53 a.m. Anandotsav of Sri Jagannath Mishra. Last gathering of the week-long yearly meeting at Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math and yearly festival. Start of year 535 Gaurabda.
14. (Sat) Festival at the appearance place of Srila Bhakti Raksak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj, Sripat Hapaniya: grand appearance of the Holy Deities of Sripat Hapaniya, Sri Sri Guru Gauranga Radha Gopinath Jiu at Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Ashram. Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Sharan Shanta Maharaj. Pancham Dol.
17. (Tue) Appearance of Srila Srivas Pandit.
18. (Wed) Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vigraha Bhiksu Goswami Maharaj.
20. (Fri) Papa Vimochani Ekadasi. Fast.
21. (Sat) Paran between 5:46 and 8:54 a.m. Festival in honour of Sriman Mahaprabhu's auspicious arrival at Varaha Nagar. Disappearance of Srila Govinda Ghosh Thakur. Disappearance of Sripad Satyendrachandra Bhattacharya Mahoday.
29. (Sun) Gaura Panchami. Appearance of Sripad Ramanuja Acharya and Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Hriday Bon Maharaj.
31. (Tue) Gaura Saptami. Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vilas Tirtha Maharaj.
CALENDAR FOR 04/2020
2. (Thu) Sri Rama Navami. Fast until noon. Appearance at noon of Sri Ramachandra.
4. (Sat) Kamada Ekadasi. Fast.
5. (Sun) Gaura Dvadashi. Paran between 5:31 and 9:37 a.m. Festival in honour of the disappearance of Om Vishnupad Paramahamsa Parivrajakacharya-varya Ashtottara-shata-sri Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj.
8. (Wed) Purnima. Vasanta Rasa of Sri Krishna. Rasa Yatra of Sri Balaram. Appearance of Srila Vamshi Vadanananda Thakur and Srila Shyamananda Prabhu.
12. (Sun) Disappearance of Sripad Krishnadas Babaji Maharaj.
THE TEN OFFENCES TO1) Criticise sadhus, Vaishnavs
THE HOLY NAME:
2) Consider Lord Siva and gods to be independent of Lord Krishna
3) Consider Guru to be an ordinary mortal man
4) Criticise scriptures
5) Interpret the Name with the help of a dictionary, etc.
6) Consider the Name imaginary.
7) Sin and chant to remove the sin.
8) Consider chanting equal to pious activities.
9) Instruct faithless people in chanting, inattentive chanting.
10) Remain attached to things, your body, etc.
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2020, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us