Thu, 21 June 2018:Servitor's Chastity
"First it is necessary to be sincere, then detachment must come, then taste. After these three, chastity comes. Very few people have chastity—those who have chastity do not know anything except Krishna consciousness, do not understand anything except it."
Download the audio (0.7 Mb, 2 min | 22 May 2018 | Bengali)
Wed, 20 June 2018:Service Life—Not Leisure
"Even when you are very sad, will you leave the Lord's service? Will you give up the Holy Name? I do not think that this is all an austerity. Whatever the Lord sends, it is good. It is not like I will leave my service because of that or will have ego."
Download the audio (1.8 Mb, 6 min | 22 May 2018 | Bengali)
Tue, 19 June 2018:Remedy for Stagnation
"You must be always alert that maya is near you. As soon as we start to neglect our daily service—if we keep even a little distance, we do not do so many activities and start some material works—then slowly, slowly that service will be removed. How to keep it?"
Download the audio (1.3 Mb, 4 min | 2 July 2013)
Mon, 18 June 2018:Embarking on New Life
"Somebody is very poor, somebody comes to earn money or knowledge, etc., but we do not come for that. We have come to our Guru through his love and affection. If we can please him through service to him, that is our happiness."
Download the audio (1.4 Mb, 4 min | 2 July 2013)
Sun, 17 June 2018:
নিত্য-সেবা (ওঁ বিষ্ণুপাদ শ্রীল ভক্তি নির্ম্মল আচার্য্য মহারাজের হরি-কথামৃত)
"গৃহে থেকে ভগবানের সেবা করা যায় । সারা পৃথিবীর লোক যে একবারে সংসার ছেড়ে দিয়ে আসতে হবে এমন কথা নেই । আমরা যে কোন অবস্থায়ই থাকি না কেন, আমাদের প্রত্যেক দিন নিষ্ঠা সহকারে ঠাকুরের নিত্য-সেবা করতে হবে ।"
Sat, 16 June 2018:Simple, Sweet and Pure
"We can easily put on a show and convert people for a few days or a few years, but it is very difficult to actually take them from the illusory environment to their destination. Make yourself pure through practising, then you will be able to digest these simple things."
Download the audio (1.7 Mb, 5 min | 2 July 2013)
Fri, 15 June 2018:Anniversary Festival at Dum Dum Park (Kolkata)
(9 photographs, 0.6 Mb | 14 June 2018)
His Divine Grace Om Vishnupad Srila Bhakti Nirmal Acharya Maharaj presides over the annual anniversary festival in honour of the installation of Their Lordships Sri Sri Guru Gauranga Radha Madanmohan jiu at the Temple of Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math in Dum Dum Park, Kolkata. The festival passes smoothly and sweetly in the assembly of Vaishnavs from Kolkata and nearby areas.
Anniversary Festival at Dum Dum Park
Thu, 14 June 2018: (Anniversary festival at Dum Dum Park, Kolkata)Greatness of Gaudiya
Question: Gurudev, could you explain what Gaudiya is? What does the word 'gaudiya' mean?
Download the audio (1.6 Mb, 4 min | 2 July 2013)
Wed, 13 June 2018:Half-Hen Logic
"If you pay obeisance to the Lord and not to the Lord's servant, the Lord will not take that obeisance. That is why when we do puja, we first do Guru-puja. If you do not take shelter of asraya-vigraha, you cannot take shelter of visaya-vigraha—He will not accept you."
Download the audio (2.4 Mb, 7 min | 2 July 2013)
Tue, 12 June 2018:Hari-katha in Kulgachia: Closing Appeal
"You must all chant the Holy Name, come to the Math, always serve the Lord, then I will feel great peace and joy. How can you make me happy? Take shelter of a real Guru, and serve the lotus feet of the Lord, then I will be extremely happy."
Download the audio (2.6 Mb, 8 min | 6 May 2018 | Bengali)
Mon, 11 June 2018:Hari-katha in Kulgachia: Seek Shelter and Guidance
"We must always listen to favourable talks. Where will you read Bhagavatam? You must understand that Hari-katha must be listened to through Guru-parampara. The Lord Himself says, 'Give up all religions and surrender to Me, I will look after you.'"
Download the audio (2.2 Mb, 7 min | 6 May 2018 | Bengali)
CALENDAR FOR 06/2018
23. (Sat) Dashahara. Sri Ganga Puja. Appearance of Sri Ganga Mata Goswamini. Disappearance of Srila Baladev Vidyabhushan Prabhu.
24. (Sun) Nirjal Ekadashi. Fast.
25. (Mon) Paran between 4:56 and 6:01 a.m.
26. (Tue) Grand festival of Srila Raghunath Das Goswami at Sripat Panihati.
28. (Thu) Purnima. Snan Yatra (bathing) of Sri Jagannathdev. Disappearance of Srila Mukunda Datta and Srila Sridhar Pandit.
29. (Fri) Disappearance of Srila Shyamananda Prabhu and Sripad Rishabdev Das Adhikari.
30. (Sat) Disappearance of Sri Gaurahari Bhakti Sampad Prabhu.
CALENDAR FOR 07/2018
3. (Tue) Appearance of Srila Vakreshvar Pandit.
9. (Mon) Yogini Ekadashi. Fast. Disappearance of Sriyukta Rama Devi.
10. (Tue) Paran between 5:02 and 9:29 a.m.
13. (Fri) Amavasya. Disappearance of Srila Gadadhar Pandit and Srila Sachchidananda Bhakti Vinod Thakur. Gundicha Marjan: cleaning at the Gundicha Temple at Sri Puri Dham, and cleaning of all Temples of the Lord.
14. (Sat) Gaura Pratipad. Ratha Yatra of Sri Jagannathdev.
15. (Sun) Disappearance of Srila Svarup Damodar Goswami Prabhu.
17. (Tue) Hera Panchami. Sri Sri Laksmi Vijay (observed the following day in Sri Puri Dham).
20. (Fri) Disappearance of Sripad Ajita Krishna Brahmachari.
22. (Sun) Punar Yatra of Sri Jagannathdev (Return car festival). Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Bhakti Kamal Madhusudan Maharaj. Disappearance of Sriyukta Krishnamayi Devi.
23. (Mon) Shayan Ekadashi. Fast.
24. (Tue) Paran between 5:07 and 9:31 a.m.
27. (Fri) Sri Guru Purnima. Appearance of Srila Vyasadev. Disappearance of Srila Sanatan Goswami Prabhu. Beginning of Chaturmasya. Appearance of Srila Bhakti Bimal Avadhut Maharaj.
29. (Sun) Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Hriday Bon Maharaj.
THE TEN OFFENCES TO1) Criticise sadhus, Vaishnavs
THE HOLY NAME:
2) Consider Lord Siva and gods to be independent of Lord Krishna
3) Consider Guru to be an ordinary mortal man
4) Criticise scriptures
5) Interpret the Name with the help of a dictionary, etc.
6) Consider the Name imaginary.
7) Sin and chant to remove the sin.
8) Consider chanting equal to pious activities.
9) Instruct faithless people in chanting, inattentive chanting.
10) Remain attached to things, your body, etc.
|"HUMILITY, TOLERANCE, GIVING HONOUR TO OTHERS | HUMILITY, TOLERANCE, GIVING HONOUR TO OTHERS"|
© 2014-2018, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us